South Coast Women in Building & Construction has been developed to build educative forums, events and networking opportunities that are industry specific for women working in the local building, construction and allied trades of the Illawarra, Shellharbour and Shoalhaven regions of New South Wales.
Maxine Wiseman JP - Director
Tenielle Stevenson - Director
The purpose of SCWIB is to provide an opportunity where women can obtain relevant industry specific information, network with their colleagues and exchange experiences that will encourage support and mentoring.
What are the benefits?
To benefit growth and recognition of the tremendous contribution women make to the industry.
These opportunities provide for a supportive network to encourage educative learning and mentoring for women in the various roles that they play or the businesses they work for.
Each forum is developed to give encouragement for those women in the industry to positively build their knowledge and motivation for individual and business growth within their careers in the building, construction and allied industries.
IS THIS YOU?
- Whether you are working in specialised fields or trades, running your own businesses or are in a supporting role with your husband or partners attending these business forums will help you become better informed in accessing resources to help manage compliance.Utilising the wealth of knowledge available through regulatory, statutory or industry presentations.
- To promote and instil participation of women or girls working in a trade and encouraging cultural change by introducing role models and gaining recognition by introducing suitable categories in local industry awards.
- Supporting women managing or running their own businesses in building, construction and allied trades.
The business forums hold alternative formats of breakfast, lunch or morning tea sessions.
Providing networking opportunities to meet with other industry colleagues, provide for personal & community development.
Including but not limited to:-
- Supporting women managing or running a business in the building & construction industry
- Women working in specialised fields
- Industry specific business forums, presentations & seminars
- Networking & engaging with your industry colleagues
- Women working in trades
- Community development by supporting businesses in the industry
- Remove the sense of isolation for women working from a home office
- Assistance with accessing resources and managing compliance
- Recognition of women in the building industry on the South Coast
Our purpose is to work together to build a strong support network for women in our local building industry.
To register your interest to attend the next event, get more information or to leave comments or suggestions, please do so on either the event or contact pages of this website.
Sponsorship & Hosting opportunities available contact Maxine@scwib.com.au for an information pack today and book in!
Heightsafe Solutions were our proud event host for our May 25th South Coast Women in Building & Construction's - Keep Safe at Heights lunch forum. Thank you to Heightsafe Solutions!! A lot of hard work was put in by Dianne & Jon McQuade owners and their son Scott. A very successful day!